Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorSayao, Fabiana A. [UNESP]
dc.contributor.authorNunez, Luciana [UNESP]
dc.contributor.authorZanoni, Maria V. B. [UNESP]
dc.date.accessioned2014-12-03T13:08:39Z
dc.date.available2014-12-03T13:08:39Z
dc.date.issued2014-07-01
dc.identifierhttp://dx.doi.org/10.5935/0103-5053.20140091
dc.identifier.citationJournal Of The Brazilian Chemical Society. Sao Paulo: Soc Brasileira Quimica, v. 25, n. 7, p. 1153-1160, 2014.
dc.identifier.issn0103-5053
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11449/111432
dc.description.abstractThe present work describes a suitable method for removing nitrite contaminant from water by using a photoelectrocatalytical method. A Ti/TiO2 nanotube electrode was used as a cathode under UV irradiation and applied potential of -0.2 V vs. Ag/AgCl and it led to 100% of nitrite removal after 6 min of photoelectrolysis conducted in NaCl 7 mmol L-1, pH 7 and in absence of dissolved oxygen. Nitrite reduction on Ti/TiO2 photoelectrodes occurs in the cathodic compartment cell via electrons generated when the electrode is under UV irradiation leading to a generation of 7% of remaining ammonium and 93% nitrogen containing gaseous species after 6 min of treatment. The results indicate that the method could be an efficient tool for the treatment of nitrite in water containing nitrite.en
dc.description.abstractO presente trabalho descreve uma nova metodologia para remoção de nitrito de águas contaminadas usando o processo fotoeletrocatalítico. Um eletrodo de nanotubos de Ti/TiO2 foi utilizado como fotocátodo sob irradiação UV e potencial aplicado -0,2 V vs. Ag/AgCl e levou a remoção de 100% do nitrito após 6 min de fotoeletrocatálise em solução de NaCl 7 mmol L-1, pH 7 e ausência de oxigênio dissolvido. A redução de nitrito sobre o eletrodo de Ti/TiO2 ocorre no compartimento catódico da célula pelos elétrons fotogerados quando o eletrodo é irradiado com luz UV, gerando 7% de amônio e 93% de espécies gasosas de nitrogênio após 6 min de tratamento. Os resultados indicam que o método pode ser uma ferramenta eficiente para o tratamento de águas contaminadas com nitrito.pt
dc.description.sponsorshipFundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
dc.description.sponsorshipConselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
dc.description.sponsorshipCoordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
dc.format.extent1153-1160
dc.language.isoeng
dc.publisherSoc Brasileira Quimica
dc.relation.ispartofJournal of the Brazilian Chemical Society
dc.sourceWeb of Science
dc.subjectnitriteen
dc.subjectphotoelectrocatalysisen
dc.subjectTiO2 nanotubesen
dc.subjectphotocathodeen
dc.titleEfficient Photoelectrochemical Reduction of Nitrite to Ammonium and Nitrogen Containing Gaseous Species Using Ti/TiO2 Nanotube Electrodesen
dc.typeArtigo
dcterms.rightsHolderSoc Brasileira Quimica
dc.contributor.institutionUniversidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
dc.description.affiliationUniv Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho UN, Inst Quim Araraquara, BR-14800900 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
dc.description.affiliationUnespUniv Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho UN, Inst Quim Araraquara, BR-14800900 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
dc.identifier.doi10.5935/0103-5053.20140091
dc.identifier.scieloS0103-50532014000700002
dc.identifier.wosWOS:000338831100002
dc.rights.accessRightsAcesso aberto
dc.description.sponsorshipIdFAPESP: 08/10449-7
unesp.campusUniversidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Instituto de Química, Araraquarapt
dc.identifier.fileS0103-50532014000700002.pdf
unesp.author.orcid0000-0002-2296-1393[3]
dc.relation.ispartofjcr1.444
dc.relation.ispartofsjr0,357
Localize o texto completo

Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record