Management of accidental swallowing in implant dentistry

Nenhuma Miniatura disponível

Data

2015

Orientador

Coorientador

Pós-graduação

Curso de graduação

Título da Revista

ISSN da Revista

Título de Volume

Editor

Elsevier B. V.

Tipo

Artigo

Direito de acesso

Acesso restrito

Resumo

This report describes a protocol for managing the accidental swallowing of dental instruments in implant dentistry, illustrated by a patient who accidentally swallowed a hexagonal wrench. The first step was to refer the patient to the medical emergency hospital service for radiographic and clinical evaluation. The hexagonal wrench was located in the stomach and was immediately removed with an endoscopic procedure. The gastric mucosa was sampled via biopsy and the sample submitted to the urease test, which was positive for Helicobacter pylori. Triple treatment was instituted for gastritis caused by H pylori to avoid exposing the patient to unnecessary risk. Removal of a foreign body by means of an endoscopic procedure constitutes a safe and effective treatment.

Descrição

Palavras-chave

Idioma

Inglês

Como citar

The Journal Of Prosthetic Dentistry, v. 114, n. 2, p. 167-170, 2015.

Itens relacionados

Financiadores